Monday, December 17, 2012

How can technology be used to generate enthusiasm about literature? How does organization impact the presentation of information? These are questions that I would like you to think about as you complete this week’s project. Watch all the examples given with a critical eye. Notice the techniques that are used to make the presentations effective. Leave a comment below about some of the things you noticed that made the movie and book trailers appeal to you. Also view the book trailers that your classmates have done and note what you liked about them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

After watching all the examples with a critical eye I realized that movie/book trailers aren't really that easy to make after all. It takes a lot of time and effort into making them. They have to put so much effort into making them so we the viewers/readers want to see the movie or read the book. I watched some of my classmate’s book trailers and I thought they came out really good. I liked how they made them and how it makes you want to read the book.

Alanna said...

This week, I learned that technology can be used to create enthusiasm in reading through book trailers. Book trailers are used to gain a reader’s interest through interesting pictures, and text to hook them in. After watching the examples, I realized that there were many techniques used to catch the audience’s attention. For example, there was some information given, but not enough to satisfy, so that the audience would want to learn more. Also, there were some interesting pictures that would play into the plot, which would then keep the audience’s attention. I have watched several of my classmate’s book trailers, and they are all well done. They caught my attention and kept it, and I may be reading a few of these books in the future!

Unknown said...

One way technology can be used to generate enthusiasm about book sis through movies. Whenever a movie based on a book comes out, people get sudden renewed interest in the book. It happened twice this year, once with the Hunger Games in March and this month with the Hobbit.